Saturday, May 14, 2011

Garage Sale Finds

Hi everyone!  I've been so busy enjoying the sun, cleaning up my yard, weeding the garden, and going to yard sales that I haven't had time to do a craft or any sewing this week....yikes!  Busy, busy, busy but I'm not complaining.  I think I almost forgot how amazing it feels to have the sun beating down on my back.  I love it!

Anyway, enough gushing about the lovely, lovely sun.  My friend and I went out to garage/yard sales for the past two weekends and we've found some great treasures.  Here's my stash so far:

I think I'm going to decoupage that chair,
the whole entire thing!!!
I try not to pick up too much junk when I'm at a garage sale.  I have enough of my own.  I'm 99% sure that I'll put all of this stuff to good use.


I can't even tell you how thrilled I am with this cookie jar find.  I have absolutely no need for a cookie jar however, this is exactly the same cookie jar that my grandma had at her house when I was growing up.  My grandma's was given to my sister, who should have it because she has two little cookie monsters, but I always loved the look of it.  Today I found this one and almost burst into tears with the memories that came flooding over me.  Now I have one of my own and even though it wasn't actually my grandma's it will sit on my counter and remind me of her.   (And yes, from time to time it just might have some cookies in it.)


I have to admit I didn't really know what I wanted to do with this thing.  I bought the plates separately and was considering making a plate collage on a wall in my kitchen or something.  But even though these plates are probably too small and I wasn't actually going to leave the hanger gold, I think it looks kinda of cute together.  So maybe I'll just put it up like that.  (Please excuse the Girlicious CD.  I can't help it.  I like their music.  It make me want to dance.)

loads of vintage sewing patterns in the bag
It's hard to tell from the picture but this great hanging lamp has a sort of opalescent glaze on it.  I think it's going in my bedroom.


And look at this!  An entire bolt of great quality wool!  My friend asked me what I was going to use it for and was a little surprised when I rattled off a long list of projects.... pants, skirt, blazer, coat, hat, who knows!  So much wool, so many things it could be!

There are two things missing from my pile.  The first is a brass desk lamp that is already sitting on my desk.  And the second is a surprise that is currently sitting in my garage awaiting a coat of primer and paint.  I'm hoping to work on it tomorrow (in the hot hot sun!) and will share it with you when I'm done.

Hope you're having a great weekend~

PS....tonight is the last night to enter my Thank you giveaway.  Make sure to follow the link and leave a comment before midnight (May 14th)!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Ah the sun, what is that again? Here in Southern Ontario we are looking at rain every day of the week. When my son lived in Saskatoon he used to brag that it received the most sunny days of any Canadian city.
Your finds are amazing. It's so special that you found the cookie jar.

Mindy said...

What a great collection from your shopping! Can't wait to see what you do with all of it!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...