Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Caviar Nails

I know I usually only talk about things like sewing and crafting and patterns but one of the other things I love is make-up and beauty stuff too.  So today I thought I'd show you something cool in that area, which just happens to be sort of crafty too!


I've seen all sorts of Caviar Nail kits out on the market over the past year but they looked to me like they'd be more trouble than they were worth.  But I came across this "My Beauty Spot" kit while I was in Las Vegas a few months ago and couldn't resist.  There were 8 bottles of polish and beads in the kit, and all in such pretty colours, would you be able to resist?!?

And I found out that it's actually pretty easy to put on~

After you apply a clear coat base (I always apply a clear coat no matter what colour I'm applying, to make sure it won't stain my nails), apply a coloured base from the kit.  I chose this soft metallic pink.


Only do a couple of nails at a time, because while your base is still wet you then pour the pretty little beads over top and they stick in the wet polish.


Just use a tray or something else to catch all the stray beads or you'll end up with a bit of a mess.  If you're careful though, most of them will stick to your nails.  I had to do a few touch ups on the tips of my nails because the polish had already started to dry but it wasn't difficult.


This is just a fun effect for a special night out.  I'm not sure how long it would last in every day life.  I do know that you shouldn't pull on your leggings while it's still drying or wash your hands....don't ask me how I know that, I just do.

You don't have to put a clear coat overtop but it doesn't hurt to add it to help keep things in place.

You can get similar kits that have foil or flocked finishes that I haven't tried yet.  I don't usually get too crazy about my nails because I can never grow mine very long.  But I recently came across some strengthener that that is really working wonders.

How about you?  Do you have fun with different nail finishes?  Is a trip to the manicurist a regular thing for you?  Leave a comment below~

1 comment:

Mindy said...

That's amazing!! Crazy stuff. I've never tried it!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...